Located on Main Street. Built in 1840 by Dr. Daniel Fisher who was an entrepreneur personified. He owned, among many other businesses, the town wharf, a whale oil refinery, a candle factory, a bakery and a gristmill. He would view his many enterprises from the cupola on the top of the building.
The building is now owned by the Martha’s Vineyard Preservation Trust and is used for events. Their signature event is the "Taste of the Vineyard." Take a Ttour: The Dr. Daniel Fisher House & Gardens is included as part of a 90-minute walking tour of Vineyard Trust’s Edgartown properties.